06 July 2006

My words are finally out...

So… what do I want to write about? Well, I suppose I could start off with my thoughts on the family. When do you come to the conclusion that your parents don’t understand you anymore? Better yet, when and why do they quit trying to understand you? I am asking because as I have grown up, I have realized that I may be a little unorthodox in my beliefs or thoughts on certain aspects of life. I am by no means a traditional---- anything. I like my last name; I don’t want kids (and might not ever); I am not a big fan of organized religion; I want to get my JD and PH.D--- and dammit I want to do it with a little bit of understanding. So what if I am not like you and I don’t do things normally. There should be more people like me---- then the world wouldn’t be so stuck on traditions that were bullshit to begin with. I don’t think one day when I get married I need to wear a white dress; I also think that if I am being ‘given away’ at my wedding so should the groom----- I don’t care who walks him down the aisle. I am pretty sure I will be making more money than he will anyway----- so maybe I should be waiting and he should walk. I also would like to live in the middle of a big city, and take public transportation--- no picket fence and suburbia, no hummers or other bullshit vehicles that should be taxed for merely existing. I want my job to run my life and not my kids. (Or at least that’s how I feel now)

In addition to all this crap, I am a flaming liberal. Get over it. I will not change my mind when I am older just because I am old, or because I have kids one day. I will like the Dixie Chicks if only for the fact that they bad-mouthed our idiot president in Europe. ( and why, pray tell, would any soldier bad-mouth something like free speech when it is a great example of that which he/she defends (our American life/values)? I find that to be extremely hypocritical and pretty disgusting.) I would vote for Hillary. I would legalize marijuana even though I have never done any drugs in my entire life (plus, if we legalized it, think of the tax you could put on it...). I would also decrease military spending, because let’s face it----- all we do is piss people off for no reason (other than for our own selfish ploys for oil), waste our money/soldiers/ (what don’t we waste?). Oh and immigrants----- why does anyone care? Honestly, I am from California so I know all about the ‘problems’. Let me just mention that people that bitch about them taking our jobs and our hard-earned tax money are full of shit. (p.s. those of you that think some outrageous amount of money goes to welfare, you are greatly mistaken… about 1.2% of our taxes go toward that shit) No one wants to pick oranges and strawberries for 12 hours a day, making $7/hour. They want a better life, so let’s help them get it! If they trucked their asses here God knows how many miles to give their kids a better life---- where’s the sympathy? Isn’t everyone in this country claiming to do the same for their kids? So I think that is all for now… oh, and I am an extreme potty mouth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!

We'll get along very well when we're in Mali :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.