28 January 2007

Malian Bargaining and whatnot...





This is me in the giant market in Bamako, the capital of Mali. I am haggling a bracelet and what i like to call "sex beads" vendor. They are called baiya in Bambara, pronounced 'buy-a'. "Sex beads" are worn around the waist and under the clothes, and are considered to be sexual here. I suppose it's the Malian equivalent to lingerie. Hey Jessica! I totally got you some really pretty ones!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice videos, your site is really heating up. Thanks for posting comments on my blog, it makes me happy to know someone is still reading it.

Anonymous said...

Where are you 2. I've been trying to reach you for 2 weeks. Just a little worried. Call or email as soon as you can. I need to know that you are ok.

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok, when are you guys coming to San? You are technically San Kaw now! I want to chill with you in the stage house!! Come over!!!