My favorite poem.
I think i have actually posted this on here before, but I feel it is so amazing that it warrants a second go. Everytime I read it, it puts a smile on my face. I hope it does the same for you.
The Orange by Wendy Cope
At lunchtime I bought a huge orangeThe size of it made us all laugh.I peeled it and shared it with Robert and DaveThey got quarters and I had a half.
And that orange, it made me so happy,As ordinary things often doJust lately. The shopping. A walk in the park.This is peace and contentment. It's new.
The rest of the day was quite easy.I did all the jobs on my listAnd enjoyed them and had some time over.I love you. I'm glad I exist.
1 comment:
i remember when you first showed me that poem.......i still really like it!! miss ya both!!! hope life is gettin better!!!
Post a Comment