16 April 2006

Another Brick in the Wall... but this time, a good one

The information contained in this post is a few days old, but being that I only bothered to check my e-mail for the whole week today, it's news to me. Michele and I have become medically qualified according to the Peace Corps. That's it, though. No trumpets, no announcements of where we're going. Just a simple email stating 'Your account has been updated' with a link which lead to a Peace Corps website showing a little check mark next to the title 'Medical Clearance'. The instructions for the next part seemed kind of vague-- mainly, the Peace Corps will go through a process to see if my educational and occupational qualifications can be placed anywhere in Africa along with Michele's educational, etc qualifications. They don't really specify a timeframe for this next stage, but at least the ball is in their side of the court now so I can relax. (Michele would argue here that I am far too relaxed about this whole process as is-- something must be wrong with me because I don't freak out if they haven't contacted us in a few days-- that sort of thing.)

But yeah, as for now, I'm free to relax. No more medical or dental checkups. I'll have to buy another pair of glasses, but that can wait til just before we leave. Another brick has been placed. It doesn't quite look like a wall yet, but maybe someday it will. My faith has been renewed. Thank you, Easter. You've saved the day again.

No comments: