Delays...again.
Michele talked with some people at the Peace Corps offices today (as she's really big into keeping tabs on them), she found out the only reason I'm not medically cleared yet is because the Peace Corps still doesn't have a copy of one of my medical reports. My urinalysis to be exact. They called me last week and gave me their fax so I could get my doctor to send it to them. The info Michele found out was that they never received the fax from my doctor because the Peace Corps Lady gave me the wrong fax number. Oy! Urinalysis. It's such a funny word when you think about it.
Here is the real conversation I had with our Peace Corps lady the week before:
Me: ... I got the voicemail you left me. You mentioned something about my medical reports.
Peace Corps Lady: Yes, actually, we're missing your analysis.
Me: Ok, which analysis?
PCL: Your analysis.
Me: Right, but which analysis are you missing?
PCL: No, we need you so send us your analysis.
Me: Right, but which one are you missing so I can send it?
This "Who's on First" routine continued for another few minutes until she spelled it out for me. I feel now might be a good time to explain the title of the blog. A 'charlatan' is a fool or idiot who thinks of themselves as enlightened or smart but is always oblivious to it. I don't think it has anything to do with me (Michele did pick the title).
But yeah, if my doctor was able to fax it to the right place, and the Peace Corps people received it ok... it means I'll be medically cleared in a short while and Michele and I will find out exactly where in Africa we're going. Then all the fun begins with the research into where said country is, what kinds of people there are, whether to bring bug spray or lion spray... actually, I think no matter where I go, bug spray will be close to the top of my list. And nuts for my pet monkey.
No comments:
Post a Comment