05 May 2006

The Whole 'Living in a Hut' Thing...

Sidenote to michele's comments about living in a hut:
Nearly all of the great architecture theorists start their theories with the story of the primitive hut and use it to clarify what architecture is today. To understand why we create buildings, we need to understand what first inspired the human race to create buildings - if we can answer both 'why?' and 'how?' then all architecture becomes clear.

Granted, these aren't even close to the original primitive hut idea, but they are a step in the right direction especially for an American like me. I'll consider my time in the Peace Corps as preparation for my grad school thesis. I am a nerd. Please forgive me.

Another side note:

The Peace Corps has been saying there is a 'possibility' of living without electricity or water and a 'possibility' of living in an adobe hut. For someone who wants to be a lawyer and always focuses on word choice more than anything, she sure missed this one. Shame on you, Michele. You're just trying to scare the nice people.

3 comments:

aliveandliberal said...

Quit being so optimistic--- it's depressing.

faceyboy said...

Yessss! I'm pretty stoked to know I'll be Peace Copsing it up with other nerds. Way to sleuth me out btw. I was getting ready to post a little about Mali on my blog but at this point I may as well just reference yours... sentiments included. Till we meet bro.

faceyboy said...

COPsing is a verb now. Don't worry.