05 May 2006

What we will be living in....

Just so everyone knows... this is the lovely piece of architecture that Tim and I will be living in for 2 years. I don't know about you, but I am wondering where the put the bathroom. We are already very aware that there will be no running water or electricity, which is awesome---- I'm thinking we are going to have some bucket that we will have to sit in to shower, and then maybe use as a pee bucket. I will be bringing lots of soap...
As far as the climate goes, I checked it yesterday on weather.com and they said that it was 102 degrees at 6pm, which is supposedly when the sun sets... so I am thinking we are going to save big on bedding. To make things more disgusting Tim and I are sweaters, so basically we are going to come back pratically weightless. We are going to lose weight Survivor-style. Rice, corn, and some 'special sauce' is apparently what they eat everyday---- and we are both expected to trek several kilometers via biking to get to work everyday.
Basically, Tim and I are insane. Sometimes I think about what we are doing, and I come to the conclusion that there's a reason only 150,000 people have done this since 1960---- (that's a pretty pathetic number). Sometimes I wonder why exactly I chose to do something like this--- uprooting my life and going somewhere to sweat and hopefully make a difference somewhere... I suppose I just hope that I come back with something, some newfound take on life that will help me in some way. My big thing is achieving patience. I have none, and I would like to get some. Let me reiterate, we are insane. We got 'fake-married', not my ideal situation let me tell you, I had an IV stuck in my hand (which is a very awful experience for me thanks to having surgeries as a kid), the stress, the paperwork, the waiting, the stress... I am a masochist. (clearly)
On the mushy side, there is no one I would rather experience something like this with. He is my best friend... we call each other on our shit, I tell him when he smells, he tells me when I smell and somehow it all works out.

1 comment:

Randall said...

wow...
Excellent pictures..:)