hello everyone from Bamako
Just to let everyone know, i am on a french keyboard again...ok now i am not. Anyway, so I still really like it here and everything is great except for food. we were recently tested on our bambara skills and i passed the level you have to have by the end of training now, so no worries there. I was kind of pissed off though because tim did better than i did, but he should not have bc in the real world, practical use... michele is better, tim is good but michele is better.... he knows it and will admit to it. I am already reallly feeling the whole man-rule here in mali... the men joke around about how i am tims wife, and i say no---- he is my husband. He gets to wash first. if men are present, they talk to him and ask him shit first... even our educated professors seem to prefer the manliness that is tim over michele the alpha female. I must admit I thought backseat michele would be an easier adjustment than it really is, but i am reallly hating that aspect of this country. I have decided that i am going to pay particular attention to young girls in whatever site i am sent to to see if they need some kind of self-esteem counseling. I think women here are ridiculously underrated. It feels like the girls are born with a no-power complex.... so they give up. Well, if i can get one girl to think that she is better than that, then i think my work here will be worth it. I also want to teach family planning and safe sex.
So our host father totally had another kid. He had two wives.... and tim and i had no idea this other woman was his other wife! He has like a bazillion children and he's 65. It's crazy. I wish i coul say more and write more eloquently like i know tim has, but i simply refuse to be polite, politically correct, or gramatically correct when on a french keyboard, when i am being timed, and when i have to crap because my parasitic friend giardia wants to have some fun with my stomach.
Oh hey! i totally held a baby on my back like they do here it was crazy! i swear that i know that was a runon sentence, but i cannot care. please pardon the terrible grammar. I am my own worst enemy here i swear.
Laury, I will totally bring mason something back and it will be cool. Mom, I would have died without the food you sent me and everything in it is fantastic. Please send pnut butter. Everything was in the package. Tim really needs a rain jacket, as it is raining season here and he just gets soaked everytime. And here the rain is compleztelmy insane.
I love my new friends Trinh and michele lehman----
I have got to go now... I think of your guys all the time....
ok, adam, greggy, glenda, chadrick.... where the hell are you? i know you should be posting stuff on here about whats goin on in your lives.... but no marriages.
2 comments:
I love you too!
Yo, woman, I will post my life, and it is WORK. That is all I do. I am working at Randstad forty hours a week, and then at Party city one or two days on the weekend. My boss hated me until I brought her balloons for her potluck/b-day friday, and now she likes me (doesn't make sense to me either). Erica is not going to China until January, so she may go to work with Jen's company until then (crazy!). Jennifer is driving me crazy living so close, but my parents are being very cool. Julie asked me to be her maid of honor, and I spent some time with Chris, and decided that he is Julie's father...Julie is marrying her father, BAD idea. Kim is back in town for a week, which is nice, but I am totally lonely here in Marietta-town. I want my work people to invite me out so that we can be best buddies, for most of them are very cool. I'm glad you guys are having a good time, and it's awesome that you named your parasite. When you called me I was in my house adn my phone wouldn't pick up. There was no way to call you back. Now take down this number : 770-993-5461. Memorize it, love it. PS, my stomach was sick for the entire first week of work, who knew it could be so nerve-wracking to pay people? Later, Love you, G
Post a Comment